Thursday, September 24, 2026

Survivor 51 Weekly Recap

New this season of Survivor (51), I am no longer doing my Four Word Game.  For this season and likely the foreseeable future, I will go over each player briefly in a sentence or two, I'll name an MVP of the episode, and I'll re-rank them.  It's fairly similar to what I've done recently, just no four-word game.  And the order I cover the players will always be in order of the ranking from the previous week, from lowest to highest.  And for this first week, it'll be based on my predicted boot order, which... I gotta say, already looks rough.  Woof.

21. Kristin - Seems to be in charge.  Like her chances a lot more after this first week.  

20th: Thien An - Not much focus.  All I can remember is her standing on Devin's shoulders.  

19th: Cristian - Was a part of the puzzle, so there's that.  I later saw he was the only person to get 1 confessional.  That can't be good for him.

18th: Eric - Overplaying early.  Got emotional over his wife.  Boy it'd be nice if they brought family visits back if Eric makes it far enough.

17th: Maggie - May have underestimated her.  She seems to be relating to younger players.

16th: Rob - A more chaotic Gabler.  Or something.  At least he found an idol, good for him.

15th: Mike - Some content, not too much, though.  I remember he didn't want to be outed as a good negotiator, so that's a good sign he's trying to play UTR.

14th: Patt - I think it was smart of her to inform Jenna of what people were saying about her.  Also, give the girl some sunscreen!

13th: Devin - Already emerging as this season's villain?  Love his personality.  Dude was made for TV.  Hope he lasts a while.

12th: Jenna - She was too obvious of a first boot.  Good of her to recover and work from the bottom out of it.

11th: Ori - Should be around a while.  Jelly likes him.  POC (people of color) need to bring in other people, as there are not enough POCs alone.

10th: Jelly - She got on my nerves, mainly with how hoarse her voice got at the end.

9th: Ana - Annoying voices already?  Wow, that did not take long.

8th: Carter - Seems to be fitting in well.  I think?

7th: Lewis - Dude has never chopped a tree before.  Bold of him to go off on his own.

6th: Kilby - No way he wins.  I think he's already looked at as a bit of a joke.

5th: Aaliyah - Can't believe I had her fifth.  Dang.  She didn't do much wrong.

4th: Sharonda - Got alliances with Kristin and Ori.  She seems well-insulated.

3rd: Brady - Dude is a hothead and meathead and all the "-heads".  Needs to play a more low-key game.

2nd: Linnea - Her flirtatious charm will definitely get her far.

1st: Alexis - Too quiet of a first episode.  I still like her, but I feel like most winners get better first episodes.

Now time for my player of the episode (or MVP).  And for Episode 1 we are going with....  Kristin!  She did well at negotiating for supplies, beat Kilby in the thumb war, started fire at camp, and formed a bond with at least Sharonda.  Good on her.

And now, my new rankings.  There are going to be quite a few changes.  
Note: I initially posted rankings Thurs 9/24, but I have updated them quite a bit.  I decided to base them more on how prominent they were in the edit, rather than their perceived potential imminent danger.

20th: Cristian (-1) 
19th: Maggie (-2)
18th: Ana (-9)
17th: Thien An (+3)
16th: Devin (-3)
15th: Kilby (-9)
14th: Lewis (-7)
13th: Brady (-10)
12th: Kristin (+9)
11th: Carter (-3)
10th: Linnea (-8)
9th: Rob (+7)
8th: Patt (+6)
7th: Alexis (-6)
6th: Jelly (+4)
5th: Ori (+6)
4th: Jenna (+8)
3rd: Eric (+15)
2nd: Sharonda (+2) 
1st: Mike (+14)

Obviously, it's way too early to really have serious winner contender rankings, but man, did mine shake up.  I will almost certainly move them around a bunch after next week's episode as well.  

AFTER EPISODE TWO: 

20th: Cristian - Zero confessionals, barely shown.  Not great, Bob!

19th: Maggie - Loved how they hoisted her up after the immunity win!  The oldest member of their tribe too, if I'm not mistaken.

18th: Ana - Sigh.  She just did too much and not enough at the same time.  And popcorn was really the best thing you could think of?

17th: Thien An - Like Cristian, zero confessionals and barely shown.  Not great for her chances, either.

16th: Devin - Good to see him making up with Brady.  I think they'll have a bit of a respected rivalry this season.  Should be a fun watch.

15th: Kilby - He... umm... had good reactions to Brady's thumb, I guess.

14th: Lewis - Not going to tribal right away with his new tribe will certainly help.  That way, the next time they go to tribal, he'll have 4 or 6 days with them compared to just 2.  

13th: Brady - How he could be more upset over potentially leaving over cutting off a LITERAL PIECE OF HIS BODY, I do not know..  

12th: Kristin - We already have a Missy 2.0.  I can see her potentially getting far as long as she can manage her foot injury, but (I know I'm getting way ahead of myself) would the jury want to send sympathy votes her way?  I can't see it.

11th: Carter - Somehow, he didn't get a confessional.  Huh?  He had the crab thing, at least.  But yikes, not great. 

10th: Linnea - I like how she's playing.  But it doesn't scream winner at this point.

9th: Rob - Dude...wtf.  Tried voting for himself.  I cannot wait to see what harebrained schemes Rob thinks of next.

8th: Patt - She definitely seems like an integral cog in her tribe's dynamics, at least.

7th: Alexis - Love that my winner pick was featured more and was barely a mention on anyone's lips.

6th: Jelly - She enjoyed the hammock?  That's all I got.

5th: Ori - He's not the greatest confessionalist, but he tries.

4th: Jenna - Much quieter episode for her after the premiere.  

3rd: Eric - I may have put him too high.  I'm sure he's still on his tribe's radar.

2nd: Sharonda - I was starting to get a little worried for her.  But she's smart.

1st: Mike - Haven't got quite enough from him.  Was hoping for a bigger episode two, and we didn't get it.

And now, my player of the episode is.... Maggie!  Screw it.  She won the immunity challenge for them.

New power rankings!  Like I predicted, another big shake up in store.  And for the first time, each one will have a brief comment afterward.  

19th: Cristian (+1) 0 confessionals.
18th: Thien An (-1) 0 confessionals.
17th: Rob (-8) He is wanting to leave.  He's likely going soon, even though he has an idol.
16th: Kristin (-4) Her foot may become a serious liability.
15th: Carter (-4) 0 confessionals.
14th: Devin (+2) Still on the outs on his tribe, although he does have the most confessional time this season so far.
13th: Maggie (+6) Made some progress!
12th: Brady (+1) His thumb injury scares me for him.
11th: Kilby (+4) Somehow he jumped up a bit.
10th: Ori (-5) Not gonna win, but he should stick around.
9th: Eric (-6) His tribe still doesn't like him much, but Rob's antics should keep him around.
8th: Linnea (+2) I do like how she is integrated on her tribe.
7th: Jelly (-1) Still technically on the bottom, so I can't rank her too high.
6th: Patt (+2) She and Linnea are in similar positions.
5th: Lewis (+9) Screw it!  He's likable.  Showed him talking about his wife.
4th: Alexis (+3) Gotta move my winner pick back up a bit.
3rd: Jenna (+1) Didn't do much, but didn't have to.
2nd: Mike (-1) He can't be my #1 at this point.
1st: Sharonda (+1) She's been sussed as being smart, but if that can die down...

AFTER EPISODE THREE: 

Yet again, I'm changing my format up.  Rather than have the clutter of two different rankings, I'm just going to re-rank everyone, then talk about them.  I will keep talking about the booted players.  And I will still keep doing my Player of the Week, which I will henceforth shorten to PotW.  

Past PotW: Kristin, Maggie

This week: Lewis!  There were a few considerations, such as both Kristin and Maggie again, but Lewis was successfully able to sway Carter and bring him in and control the vote and get out Patt.

19th: Rob - I get that he barely had any sleep and missed his family, but most people only get to play Survivor once.  Biggest exaggeration of a medical condition since Colton's "appendicitis".  He's not getting asked to play again.

18th: Patt - Wrong side of the votes, and man, it's unfortunate for her.  She was playing a solid UTR game.  At least she'll get pants now.  Also, that makes three voted out people now, ALL women.  

Now to the players remaining in the game:

17th: Cristian (+2) - Dude, are you even there, my guy?  He either does or says something that pisses off production/Jeff (unlikely, since he's head of HR and would know better) or he gets screwed by a twist.  Probably gets screwed by a twist.

16th: Carter (-1) - There's an upcoming swap, and he could be an easy target if he's not protected with allies.  He did have a 0 confessional episode, and we have often seen players get boons in their edits the episode before they get voted out.

15th: Thien An (+3) - She's also gotten a quiet edit, and while she was on the right side of the vote, a swap could mean she gets screwed.  Wouldn't surprise me.

14th: Kilby (-3) - Also on the right side of the vote and got his way, however, his name was dragged through the absolute mud by Kevin, and if he gets swapped to a bad spot, he's in huge trouble.

13th: Mike (-11) - I hate to say it, but he's gotten a bad edit.  He's been painted as the bland, boring, vanilla guy, and we clearly aren't supposed to be rooting for him too hard.

12th: Alexis (-8) - She hasn't gotten the best edit, either, and my pre-season winner pick might be in trouble with a bad swap.  Only women have gone so far, and Alexis doesn't have a ton of allies in this game.

11th: Devin (+3) - Not sure if a swap will be good or bad for Devin.  Either way, I think he's eventually going to receive a target from the majority due to his persistence in causing chaos.  Eventually, people get tired of it.

10th: Brady (+2) - Once players no longer need him for tribe challenges, he's likely going to be a target.  For players like Brady (think Jonathan), they either do too much strategically and get targeted for being a huge threat, or they don't do enough and get dragged to the end.

9th: Kristin (+7) - Her foot issue is cooling off, and I didn't notice any limping from her during the challenge.  Plus, she did very well at the puzzle.  I do think, however, she will be targeteted post-merge for being a strategic or social threat.

8th: Sharonda (-7) - I believe Carter outed her as "running things" on Savu.  I do believe she will be a threat and target once she doesn't have the majority, which could be after a swap or at the latest, the merge.

7th: Linnea (+1) - She's got shields in Sharonda and Alexis, and if she can integrate post-swap and post-merge, she has a chance.  We need to see her using her feminine charm on some of the men (which she did she would do pre-season).  

6th: Ori (+4) - I don't think he quite has the strategic chops, but he's well-liked in the game.  At least Devin, Sharonda, and Jelly all love him.  Brady likely does too, seeming him as a fellow beefcake.  He's got an outside shot...

5th: Eric (+4) - The swap should help Eric, but he has to lay low and not put himself out there in any way.  Honestly, my biggest worry for him is the fact that his tribe, Savu, has gotten the worse edit so far.  Usually the winner's tribe gets the better edit, pre-merge.

4th: Maggie (+9) - Honestly, I'm surprised I have her this high, too!  But Maggie has really impressed and surprised me this season.  Her getting the extra vote even though Brady got it for her was impressive.  And I could see her winning a jury vote.

3rd: Lewis (+2) - Great episode, got on the right side of the votes, dragged in Carter who hopefully can be his second in command.  My biggest flaw with Lewis is that people will look at him too much like a Rizo-type figure, one that is perhaps a bit too young and not serious enough. 

2nd: Jelly (+5) - I know she was on the wrong side of the vote (again), but the swap is really gonna help her.  We see her back with Ori in the preview, so that will definitely help.  And Ori can bring in Kristin/Sharonda if need be.  

1st: Jenna (+2) - It's hard to explain, but Jenna has gotten a really good UTR edit.  We know she'll be able to use her divorce in a final tribal council speech.  I just have a feeling once she (or someone) gets Devin out, that is really going to boost her game and winning chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment