Friday, March 4, 2011

American Idol Top 13 Predictions for Season 10!

Finally got to the Top 13 (not surprising they made it a Top 13 given the amount of talent). I have a lot of favorites and I will try to give an unbiased prediction on how things will shake up this season. I will talk about each contestant and the range they will probably fall into (i.e. 4th-8th). I will also give them one song I think is perfect for them. Then, at the end, I will predict the order they will be voted out which will include my pick for winner! Enjoy.

Casey Abrams
Casey is the token rocker this year. Any other year he’d have a really good shot of winning. This year, he’ll get close, but I can’t see him winning it all unless he is flawless every night. But I have been impressed with him so far. He is building a fan base and will not go away quickly.
Predicted finish: 3rd-6th
Song he should sing: Dude Looks Like a Lady by Aerosmith (Yes, I’m going out on a limb, but if Steven Tyler allows it, I think Casey would sing it really well): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEKDgZH0EGQ

Naima Adedapo
I am actually quite surprised she was a wild card pick. Her style is not current nor is it really entertaining. She puts her heart into every song, I can give her that. But her fan base is lacking and she will need to be almost flawless to get somewhat far. And for a girl, she has a surprisingly small range. But you know who she reminds me of? Cher. She should do one of her songs.
Predicted finish: 7th-12th
Song she should sing: The Shoop Shoop Song (It’s in His Kiss) by Cher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwGGZTZ-3pM

Lauren Alaina
Randy described it best: She is half Kelly Clarkson, half Carrie Underwood. And Kelly Clarkson herself compared Lauren to Kelly Pickler through a tweet. She’s a mix of a lot of former successful Idols. Aside from that, she’s built a good fanbase, she is pretty, and she has a very powerful voice. She can do country, rock, pop, you name it. If she doesn’t win, it will be because the pressure is getting to her. I also wanted to say this: She is the perfect weight. I’m tired of seeing skinny freaks like Ashley Sullivan, Naima, and Rachel.
Predicted finish: 1st-5th
Song she should sing: Best Days of Your Life by Kellie Pickler (It’s sort of country and pop so this would work really well for her): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLUvO8QUmXc

James Durbin
James is my favorite. He just seems like a guy that deserves it. In order to get far, however, he’ll need to broaden the songs he chooses. Remember how Adam Lambert went with a few ballads such as “Tracks of My Tears” and “Mad World”? James will have to do the same if he wants to win. But man, does he have potential. I love this guy, but I don’t see him having the star quality of a winner. But he is soooooo close.
Predicted finish: 2nd-6th
Song he should sing: Dust in the Wind by Kansas (This could be his ballad and Adam Lambert even covered it too): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xxA81F278Y

Ashthon Jones
I am not a fan. Her attitude is a put off and in my opinion, she just yells her songs. Listen to her singing. She does NOT have a beautiful tone. She won’t get far. And seeing how the fans didn’t want her in the Top 10 to begin with, the only way she survives for a while is if she wows us with Diana Ross-like performances. Not likely.
Predicted finish: 13th-9th
Song she should sing: When You Tell Me That You Love Me by Diana Ross: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu0IvWwTN2U

Stefano Langone
I personally am surprised he didn’t get to the Top 10 on votes alone. I thought his choice of a popular song (Bruno Mars’ “Just the Way You Are”) would get him to the Top 10. I was wrong. However, he has the looks, charm, and even the voice to control his own destiny. My Seattle homeboy (props for wearing the “Robbed” Sonics shirt on Wednesday) will get further than people expect him to.
Predicted finish: 7th-11th
Song he should sing: Billionaire by Travie McCoy (censored, of course): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b9TtfWV0YE

Jacob Lusk
This guy is either make it or break it. Hit or miss. But he is usually making it so far. Jacob has such an amazing voice and the widest and biggest range I’ve ever seen. He can hit the high notes like Adam Lambert and hit the low notes like Barry White. He is incredible. All that matters is song choice and how he is perceived by us, the fans. But let me tell you. This guy should go far. He’s not a huge fan favorite (yet), but if he becomes one, watch out. His only problem is building a fan base large enough to win.
Predicted finish: 1st-6th
Song he should sing: Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers (Everyone seems to fail with this song, but how could Jacob?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyqGfGBs3mc

Scotty McCreery
I’ve gotta say, while I’m not surprised he’s in the Top 13, I will be surprised if he gets far. Scotty’s get a decent voice and a huge fanbase, but he’s stuck in just one genre and having zero versatility will hurt him. His fans will carry him as far as they can, and it might surprise (and even anger) some people.
Predicted finish: 6th-11th
Song he should sing: King of the Road (Josh Turner and Randy Travis’s version): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loiH-e9Xm04

Paul McDonald
Ok, I predicted he wouldn’t make it, but that was also when I believed that the format would go 24, 20, 16, etc. and not 24 straight to 13. However, he kind of impressed me with his version of Maggie May. In his time on Idol, he has to cover a Bee Gees song. He just has to. He will get somewhat far but his lack of range will prevent him from getting too far.
Predicted finish: 5th-9th
Song he should sing: This Is Where I Came In by the Bee Gees (PERFECT FOR HIM!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_U9t4cwPM

Thia Megia
I have to admit I have doubted this girl, citing her age and lack of experience as reason for her to go. But she hasn’t. She has stayed strong and stayed in the competition. She’s even some people’s pick to win, but not mine. She could get somewhat far, though. Time will tell. It’s hard to guess. It all depends on song choice and how she handles all the pressure.
Predicted finish: 4th-10th
Song she should sing: I’m Yours by Jason Mraz (Because she already knows how to sing it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G14WrX7-nh0&feature=related

Haley Reinhart
I’m not too sure about this girl. Her voice is odd, unique… she definitely can sing, as Randy would say. But it’s hard to label her. She seems to have a fair bit of fans since they got her into the Top 13, but there’s no way she’ll get really far. Haley’s good, but she is surrounded by a LOT of extremely talented singers.
Predicted finish: 9th-13th
Song she should sing: Break Even by the Script (It would sound similar to Maddi Jane’s version): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrzGHgmG3y4

Karen Rodriguez
I like this girl! She is very cute and she has this personality that is infectious. She is likeable and like Haley above, she got into the Top 13 because of the fans, so she should get pretty far. Winner? No. Dark horse? Very probable.
Predicted finish: 5th-10th
Song they should sing: Hot Stuff by Donna Summer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27-TM3q5-Cc

Pia Toscano
Before her last performance, I really had no idea how good she is. Now I do. She’s yet another gem in this crop of singers this season. She’s gorgeous, got a big voice, and has the image to win it all. To get far she’ll need to be consistent, and not many know if she can be consistent week after week. Time will tell. Because of that huge performance in the semi-finals, she’ll be safe for the next few weeks, but from then on it’s all on her.
Predicted finish: 3rd-9th
Song they should sing: Firework by Katy Perry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw

Now, my predictions for the order of the top 13:

13. Ashthon
12. Haley
11. Stefano
10. Naima
9. Scotty
8. Karen
7. Paul
6. Thia
5. Pia
4. Jacob
3. Casey
2. James
1. Lauren

I did not base solely on averages of the ranges that I predicted for each contestant. However, each contestant is inside the range I predicted for them. For the final four, when you get that late, it really comes down to whose fan bases are the largest and I get a feeling Jacob’s wouldn’t be that large, so he would be a surprise exit at 4. Then Casey at 3, James finishing 2nd (Just like Adam Lambert, haha) and Lauren Alaina, my pick to win American Idol Season 10 and become the youngest winner ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment