Monday, December 20, 2010

My Thoughts on the Survivor Finale, my predictions, and next season

My thoughts on the Survivor finale, my predictions, and next season

*SPOILER ALERT*

If you have not seen the Survivor Finale, do not read any further. This is your warning.

*END SPOILER ALERT*

.
.
.
.
.
.

Wow, what a season. Not the best season, but a pretty darn good one in my opinion, and I must wish congratulations to Jud “Fabio” Birza, the youngest player to ever win the game of Survivor. He outlasted Chase Rice and Matthew “Sash” Lenahan to be the ultimate survivor. I picked him to win from the final 7 and he did indeed win, making my prediction correct. However, not all my predictions were correct. Here they are, with how each survivor did and my thoughts on them:

Benjamin “Benry” Henry
Predicted: 7th
Finished: 7th
I nailed this one. I just knew he was on the outs and he was a threat. I saw it coming. If Benry had lasted a couple more tribal councils, I think he could have gone on an immunity run like Fabio did.

Jane Bright
Predicted: 4th
Finished: 6th
Wow, I didn’t see the threesome alliance of Chase, Sash, and Holly picking her out as a threat so soon. I thought she would’ve finished right where Holly did. But Jane definitely deserved the title of *Corporation name omitted due to me opposing corporate sponsors* Player of the season.

Dan Lembo
Predicted: 3rd
Finished: 5th
Well, at least Dan fought hard, but man he was ticked in his confessional (after getting voted out) and then when he, as a jury member, talked to the final three. Either he is a sore loser or we just haven’t seen this side of him before.

Holly Hoffman
Predicted: 2nd
Finished: 4th
Holly was almost as big of a threat to win as Jane, so I’m not TOO surprised she got voted out before the finals. However, she definitely deserved to be there. She was the one female that lasted the longest.

Mathew “Sash” Lenahan
Predicted: 6th
Finished: 3rd (No votes in the final)
I was shocked when he didn’t get any votes in the final vote. I was sure the final vote would be something like 4-3-2. Sash, however, didn’t really deserve any. Yes, he was probably the most strategic player, but he was like the Russell Hantz of the season. Not in the way he steals and hides things (that’s NaOnka’s thing), but in the way he deceives, lies, and makes alliances with anyone just to further himself in the game. It just goes to show if you play like Russell or Sash (and they played very similar games), you can get to the final, but don’t expect many jury votes, if any.

Chase Rice
Predicted: 5th
Finished: 2nd
Chase did much better than I thought he did; I mean, he almost won. But man, his emotions probably cost him the game. He did not play extremely smartly or strategically like Sash. He just did what everyone else was doing. He reminds me of Mick in that way from Samoa (with Sash as Russell).

Jud “Fabio” Birza
Predicted: 1st
Finished: 1st
Fabio, my man, you did it! Fabio is an inspiration to all us young people out there (not just guys) that we could get on Survivor and win it. Fabio was incredible in winning three challenges in a row. The guy won those challenges simply because he needed it and wanted it more. Oh, and I guess if Sash is Russell and Chase is Mick, that would make Fabio the Natalie of the season. Quiet game, then sneak attack! BAM! Winner of Survivor. Just… like… that. Congrats Fabio!

Next season: Survivor: Redemption Island

I’m a little skeptical of this season and how it is going to work. Allowing people to come back (like when they created the “Outcasts” tribe one season and allowed two players to rejoin the game) has not generally been well received. It will be interesting to see how it works. In one way, it’ll be nice to see your favorite players come back, but if someone you absolutely hated (i.e. NaOnka) comes back… man, that would P.O. a lot of people. However, I can’t wait for it to start, next February!

No comments:

Post a Comment